ARC Reviews

21/03/2016

To Win A Lady´s Heart. ( The Landon Sisters #1) by Ingrid Hahn. ARC Review.



He has secretly admired her from afar…

England, 1811. When John Merrick, the Earl of Corbeau, is caught in a locked storeroom with Lady Grace, he has but one choice—marry her. He cannot bear to tarnish any woman’s reputation, least of all Lady Grace’s.

She has lost everything but her dignity…

Lady Grace Landon will do anything to help her mother and sisters, crushed and impoverished by her father’s disgrace. But throwing herself into the arms of her dearest friend’s older brother to trap him in marriage? Never.

Corbeau needs to prove that he loves her, despite her father’s misdeeds. After years of being an object of scorn, not even falling in love with Corbeau alters Lady Grace’s determination to not bring her disrepute upon another. However, if they don’t realize that the greatest honor is love given freely without regard to society’s censure, they stand to lose far more than they ever imagined.


             
Lady Grace Landon, her three younger sisters and their mother have suffered years of scandal, thanks to her father the Earl dying without leaving them a penny. At twenty seven she knows she will never marry,  the one man to ask her she couldn't possibly accept. Now to provide for her family she will get work as a governess. That was until a game at a house party changed everything. 
John Merrick, Earl of Corbeau has spent years avoiding the woman who refused him. He cannot get close to her without almost losing control. 
Our hero is a proud, honourable man,  who is happier with his horses than people. He always puts the wishes of others over his own.
Our heroine takes the responsibility of taking care of her family very seriously, but will not put anyone else in danger of suffering from their acquaintance.
A gentle historic romance with just one little sex scene. I'm guessing that this will be the start of a series.  We have several secondary characters that I want to see settled.
A very enjoyable read.

I have a B.A. in Art History, I can sound out Attic Greek (plus or minus) and even tell you what one or two of the words mean, and I am the world’s worst administrative assistant. My love of reading has turned my mortgage payment into a book storage fee, which makes me the friend you never want to ask you for help moving. I have an unusual gremlin problem — as in, my fingers are chock full of the little buggers. This all adds up to the fact that the only thing I can be when I grow up is a writer.
Thankfully, I got a lucky break in life. I found a man with a superpower. He sees all these things I’ve listed as desirable qualities. Instead of running as far away as possible, he married me. We even have a few cats. For reasons of privacy, the felines have requested I keep their identities secret…all except Sulu, who requires supplicants (i.e., you) to pay homage. Food is preferable, but tummy petting will do in a pinch.
Oh, and we live in Metropolitan Washington, DC, which is pretty darn awesome due to the high concentration of the world’s best romance writers living in the area. I am endlessly pleased and grateful to count myself one among this fabulous community.

Website, * Pinterest * Twitter




ARC Received through.2016netgalleychallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you all enjoy the books I post about here.