ARC Reviews

17/04/2017

Highland Betrayal, by Anna Markland. Historical Romance / Adventure. Release & ARC Review.

Add To

Morgan Pendray is a career soldier, a Welshman serving in the English Parliamentary army sent to invade Scotland. Hannah Kincaid is a Royalist spy who spirits away Scotland's crown jewels from under Cromwell's nose. Can history bridge the gap between them?

๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ


Hannah Kincade is a very brave Scottish lass who is playing a very dangerous role.  That role sees her right into the arms of the enemy. 
The English army serving Oliver Cromwell  are searching for the crown jewels of Scotland,  and have laid siege to the castle they believe holds them. 
Captain Morgan Pendray is in charge of the cannon that is going to put an end to the siege. He is a Welshman serving in the English army and fighting the Scots.  His loyalties will be severely tested. 
A marvellous story set in a period that I have never read about before.  I always love the way this author can transport me into whichever time her stories are set. The lives, loves and hardships are all so easy to believe.  The little details , like transporting heavy cannons in the highlands are fascinating.  I loved every page. 


AMAZON.US




I’m a Canadian author with a keen interest in genealogy. I write medieval romance about family honour, ancestry, and roots. My novels are intimate love stories full of passion and adventure.

Passion conquers whatever obstacles a hostile medieval world can throw in its path. My page-turning adventures have earned me a place on Amazon’s All-Star list.

Besides writing, I have two addictions-crosswords and genealogy, probably the reason I love research. I am a fool for cats. My husband is an entrepreneur who is fond of boasting he’s never had a job.

I live on Canada’s scenic west coast now, but I was born and raised in the UK and I love breathing life into the history of my homeland.




2 comments:

  1. Thank you Petula. I enjoyed the research for this period-a new one for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your history lessons.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you all enjoy the books I post about here.