ARC Reviews

16/12/2017

The Lady Is A Thief (The Lady Is Mine Trilogy #1) by Aimee Nicole Walker. Romance. Release, ARC Review,

25353538_1535055529865052_117747346_o
THE LADY IS A THIEF
THE LADY IS MINE TRILOGY, BOOK 1
AIMEE NICOLE WALKER
ROMANCE
RELEASE DATE: 12.16.17
The-lady-isa-thief-customdesign-JayAheer2017-eBook-complete
COVER DESIGN: JAY AHEER/ Simply Defined Art
COVER PHOTOGRAPHER: WANDER AGUIAR
The-lady-isa-thief-customdesign-JayAheer2017-3D-eReader
BLURB
Detective Elijah Markham has decided to trade big city danger for sleepy town charm. He quickly learns that small towns harbor deadly secrets, and the biggest threat to Elijah may prove to be the sexy lady who lives next door. Guarding his turbulent heart could be his biggest challenge if he falls captive to her irresistible charms.
Maegan Miracle seemingly has the perfect life. She has a successful career, amazing friends, and a family that adores her, but it’s not enough to erase the loneliness she hides behind a brilliant smile. Maegan’s world is turned upside down when she becomes a potential target in a twisted killer’s cat and mouse games. The only man who can save her is the same one that threatens her peaceful existence.
Passion and lust override doubt and suspicion, igniting a flame that’s hot enough to consume them and torch the town. Something that burns so hot and fast won’t last…or will it? If they want a chance to find out, they’ll need to stop a killer before it’s too late.
The Lady is a Thief is the first book in The Lady is Mine Trilogy. It’s a scorching-hot story filled with humor, mystery, and lovable characters that will make you want to pack your bags and move to Blissville.

25323331_2001451043454558_473124733_n

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Maegan Miracle and her twin Milo own a book store / cafe and also an antique shop.  She lives to rummage around finding lovely old treasures.  
Detective Elijah Markham has just moved to the area and starts at his new post soon.  
It doesn't take long for the fireworks to start.  
When our heroine finds more than she bargained for in an old house it's time for our hero to start worrying.  
This is a sexy,  murder / mystery full of all sorts of action and lots of laughs.  
You know the type of story where you get funny looks from people because you burst out laughing when you are on your own.  This is like that.  I especially loved  our heroine's parents and their absolute love and support for Milo and Maegan. 
This story is complete but teases us for the next book at the end.  
A wonderfully entertaining read. 


25188591_2001451063454556_528639036_n

EXCERPT

Did this sack of shit actually think I was pathetic enough to go on a date with him after what he’d done to me last year? Looking at him right then, I couldn’t even remember why I was even attracted to him in the first place. His height and looks were average and nothing to get excited over. He certainly didn’t have the rugged, bad boy look and his shoulders weren’t as broad as a linebacker’s. I never called Clayton’s name in the throes of passion—not with a vibrator, and definitely not with him, because he was the kind of lover who wasn’t a member of the Ladies First Club. Not to sound cruel, but he was a three-pump- chump. Afterward, he had the audacity to blame his short performance on me. He’d never had someone so tight and hot, yada yada yada. As if that was going to impress me. “I’m not going anywhere with you, Clayton. Not tonight and not ever.” “Darling, is this attitude left over from the little misunderstanding we had last year?” His smarmy voice made me want to puke. Misunderstanding? Is that what sleazebags called it these days? “Come out with me tonight, so I can make it up to you.” That pleading expression on his face was everything I dreamed of for years, but not anymore. “Sloppy seconds just aren’t my style, Clayton. Move along before this gets really embarrassing for you.” “Maegan…” “I believe the lady asked you to leave.” Elijah! Oh God! That voice! I nearly spontaneously orgasmed right on the spot. I didn’t risk turning around and looking at him for fear of making an ass of myself. I kept my eyes on Clayton’s surprised face instead. I waited for his eyes to return to me so that he saw how serious I was. “I did ask you to leave, and I meant it.” “I’ll call you later.” “No, you won’t,” Elijah and I said at the same time. “Who the fuck are you?” Clayton asked the newcomer. He’s the man who can make me come without trying. I felt the heat radiating off Elijah’s body as he approached and heard leather shifting before I felt the pressure of his hand on my shoulder. I closed my eyes because it felt so right. “Who I am isn’t important,” Elijah said in a deadly calm voice. “Leave this store and do not bother her again.” “See you around, Maegan,” Clayton said as he beat a hasty retreat out the door. I figured his next move was to call his sister and demand to know who Elijah was to me. I gave it ten minutes tops before Vanessa dialed my cell phone and eleven minutes before she called the shop’s landline when I didn’t answer my cell. I expected Elijah to drop his hand once Clayton left, but he didn’t. Instead, he massaged my neck in small circles with his thumb. A small whimper escaped my parted lips and my head fell forward, giving him more access. A warm chuckle rumbled out of his chest and he raised his other hand to my neck and deepened his massage. “Don’t stop,” I whispered, not recognizing the husky voice as my own. “I’ve been wanting to hear you say that since the moment we met.”

Aimee Logo

I am a wife and mother to three kids, three dogs, and a cat. When I’m not dreaming up stories, I like to lose myself in a good book, cook or bake. I’m a girly tomboy who paints her fingernails while watching sports and yelling at the referees. I will always choose the book over the movie. I believe in happily-ever- after. Love inspires everything that I do. Music keeps me sane.

HOSTED BY

MichelleSlagan---PersonalAssistantINVOICELogo---FiveStarDesigns---150ppi

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you all enjoy the books I post about here.