ARC Reviews

10/01/2018

Kilted at the Altar (Clash of the Tartans #2) by Anna Markland. Historical Romance, Release & ARC Review.


Add To


A rip-roaring comedic romance set in the Highlands of Scotland, part of the bestselling "Clash of the Tartans" series!

Who jilted whom?

Darroch MacKeegan vows revenge when his intended bride, Isabel MacRain, fails to show up for a marriage arranged to settle the long feud between their clans.

Isabel's father lays waste to MacKeegan lands in retaliation for Darroch jilting his daughter.

Who stands to gain from the mix-up?

Perhaps a blue dog and a wee lass who never speaks can help solve the mystery and reconcile two people who were always meant to be together.
 

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟


Isabel MacRain  is furious about being left at the altar,  but even more she is worried about her stepmother's ideas.  Her uncle persuades her to lie low until they can find a solution. 
Darroch MacKeegan has been humiliated in front of his clan.  He must also now go and disappoint the person who means the most to him.  The insult cannot go unavenged. 
Our hero has a very difficult relationship with his father, the Laird because of his stubbornness. 
Our heroine is being pushed further away from her father by his scheming wife and her son. 
It was really interesting in this story to learn about the lives of the crofters.  Our characters are so realistic it's easy to get involved in their lives.  The simple love of "Blue" made an incredible and very believable change to one life in particular.  An emotional,  exciting and at times funny trip into the Scottish islands.  I loved every page,  as usual from this author. 
This is part of a series but each book can be read separately.


Amazon.US * Amazon.UK * Amazon.ES


I’m a Canadian author with a keen interest in genealogy. I write medieval romance about family honour, ancestry, and roots. My novels are intimate love stories full of passion and adventure.

Passion conquers whatever obstacles a hostile medieval world can throw in its path. My page-turning adventures have earned me a place on Amazon’s All-Star list.

Besides writing, I have two addictions-crosswords and genealogy, probably the reason I love research. I am a fool for cats. My husband is an entrepreneur who is fond of boasting he’s never had a job.

I live on Canada’s scenic west coast now, but I was born and raised in the UK and I love breathing life into the history of my homeland.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you all enjoy the books I post about here.